Find out what I did on each of the dates below:

.Miglia Kit Photos
2013-02-16 - The donor
2013-02-17 - Chassis
2013-02-17 - Rusty Engine
2013-02-23 - Engine strip
2013-03-03 - Engine paint
2013-03-10 - Frame mods
2013-03-17 - Chassis
2013-03-29 - Build up
2013-04-07 - Frame
2013-04-08 - Gearshift
2013-05-06 - Engine In
2013-06-01 - Brake Servo
2013-06-16 - Floor trial
2013-07-06 - Wheels
2013-07-13 - Floorpans
2013-07-20 - Storage Box
2013-07-28 - Radiator
2013-08-04 - panelling
2013-09-02 - Body arrives



Build Diary for
2013-03-03 - Engine paint

The rusty old engine that I bought got cleaned up and has been given a new lease of life with a couple of coats of engine enamel.

I wanted to get away from the normal black that I go for and so I chose Hamilton Lathe Blue/Grey. I think it looks quite nice!

Also shown in the pictures is the pedal assembly from a BMW e30 that I am going to use because it has a servo, and the wife complained that the Sammio Spyder had no brakes!

Some other bits shwon include the TR7 handbrake, which I used on the Sammio and was easy to fit and the new Accuspark electronic ignition in a brand new distributer with matching plugs and leads. Oh, and a set of orange Poly bushes for the suspension for when I rebuild the chassis.