Find out what I did on each of the dates below:

.Miglia Kit Photos
2013-02-16 - The donor
2013-02-17 - Chassis
2013-02-17 - Rusty Engine
2013-02-23 - Engine strip
2013-03-03 - Engine paint
2013-03-10 - Frame mods
2013-03-17 - Chassis
2013-03-29 - Build up
2013-04-07 - Frame
2013-04-08 - Gearshift
2013-05-06 - Engine In
2013-06-01 - Brake Servo
2013-06-16 - Floor trial
2013-07-06 - Wheels
2013-07-13 - Floorpans
2013-07-20 - Storage Box
2013-07-28 - Radiator
2013-08-04 - panelling
2013-09-02 - Body arrives



Build Diary for
2013-09-02 - Body arrives

The body arrived today, and I had a couple of hours spare today so I had a tinker with it to get it to rest on the frame in roughly the right place.

First impressions are good, and the major bits I was worried about - the larger wheels - seem not to be too much of a problem. I will have a slight modification there, but nothing like what I had expected. The whole thing took a little bit of trimming here and there to get over the rear outriggers and steering column but it actually fitted better than I thought.

The lines are lovely and it is an impressive looking car, even in this state. Engine access is plentiful so servicing and maintenance should be easy.

The key issues now apparent are: the battery location is tight and limited access to the battery will cause problems, so that will need to be sorted. The front crossmember on the frame will need modification so I can put the guages in the middle. The seat backs are obstructed by the bodywork - my fault as I wanted to use these square seats, so I will need to think of a solution to that. Lastly, the steering wheel is too tight to the dashboard, so I will need to lengthen the column a little more - again I did this before having the body, so my fault - I should have waited! Doh!

So now the body is here, I will have a little think over the next few days and then hopefully have a full weekend on the car if the weather holds - which it looks lie it won't!