Find out what I did on each of the dates below:

.Miglia Kit Photos
2013-02-16 - The donor
2013-02-17 - Chassis
2013-02-17 - Rusty Engine
2013-02-23 - Engine strip
2013-03-03 - Engine paint
2013-03-10 - Frame mods
2013-03-17 - Chassis
2013-03-29 - Build up
2013-04-07 - Frame
2013-04-08 - Gearshift
2013-05-06 - Engine In
2013-06-01 - Brake Servo
2013-06-16 - Floor trial
2013-07-06 - Wheels
2013-07-13 - Floorpans
2013-07-20 - Storage Box
2013-07-28 - Radiator
2013-08-04 - panelling
2013-09-02 - Body arrives



Build Diary for
2013-05-06 - Engine In

The last few weeks....ok, a month.....has been mainly busy with other work, so I haven't had time to spend on the Miglia. I resigned myself to not getting it finished for the Stoneleigh kitcar show, so I have been fairly relaxed about it.

However, now that the sun has come out; this bank holiday has been absolutely stunning, it is time to get a move one. So today was all about getting the engine in. With the help of a friend, we man handled the engine with the aid of a strap and a long bit of 4"x2" wood. Since there is no bodywork on it, and the frame was lifted off while we go the engine in, it was relatively straight-forward - apart from being very very heavy!(mental note - the centre of gravity is way off when the gearbox is fitted as well and you are using the engine lifting points!

A little bit of levering here and there got all the front engine mounting bolts in and the rear gearbox mounts were pretty easy after that. A big plus was the propshaft I got secondhand actually fitted, so I am a very happy boy!

I put the frame on again loosely as I have still got to get the lowered floorpans and then it is on to the wiring, fuel tank and everythign else possible before the body goes on. With any luck I am hoping to get it on the road by the end of June! That gives me all of May to get it ready for the body to go on and then all of June to prep and paint.

Let's hope the weather holds up!



Lots of Pictures - View another page >> :   1    2